Ways in which a business can create an environment that stimulates/promote creative thinking
- Emphasise the importance of creative thinking to ensure that all staff know that management want to hear their ideas.
- Encourage staff to come up with new ideas/opinions/solutions.
- Make time for brainstorming sessions to generate new ideas, e.g. regular workshops/ generate more ideas/build on
- one another’s ideas.
- Place suggestion boxes around the workplace and keep communication channels open for new ideas.
- Train staff in innovative techniques/creative problem solving skills/mind-mapping/ lateral thinking.
- Encourage job swops within the organisation/studying how other businesses are doing things.
- Encourage alternative ways of working/doing things.
- Respond enthusiastically to all ideas and never let anyone feel less important.