A Memorandum of Association (MOA) is a legal document prepared in the formation and registration process of a limited liability company to define its relationship with shareholders.
The memorandum of Association regulates the external activities of the company. It contains the following:
- The name of the company.
- The names and addresses of the shareholders.
- The number of share held by each shareholder.
- The location of the registered office.
- The objectives of the company.
- The type of contracts the company can enter into.
- The names and addresses of the first directors
- A statement on whether liability of the members is limited by shares or guarantee.
- A statement on whether the company is private or public.